Tuesday 7 November 2017

Red Snapper / Rani Meenu / Sankara Fish Tawa Fry


In South India, Red snapper fish is popular as Rani Meenu or Sankara Meenu. One of my friend introduced this fish to me. I have started cooking fish only from past two years when I my daughter started eating fish. I prefer to give home made non-veg food for my kids. This recipe is from my friend's recipe. They eat fish at least 4 days in a week. It can be serve as a starters or along with rice and rasam.


Ingredients:

Red Snapper Fish        - 10 fishes
Red chilli powder       - 2 tbsp
Coriander powder        - 1 tbsp
Ginger - Garlic paste   - 1 tbsp
Pepper powder           - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice             - 1 tbsp
Egg                     - 1
Salt to taste
Oil for tawa frying

Note : Generally, I prefer to clean with 1 tbsp each Turmeric powder, Salt and Lemon juice.

Method:

Step 1 : Clean the fish and pat dry on tissue paper or a plate. Make sure to dry fish. So that spice paste will stick on the fish. Otherwise spice paste doesn’t sit on the fish.

Step 2 : Mix all the ingredients (spices and egg) to make a thick paste. Apply paste on fish and marinate for at least 1 hour.

Step 3 : Heat oil in a pan and place fish carefully on tawa. Let it cook for one side at least 3 to 4 mins. Then flip fish carefully with tong or spatula. Once fish is cooked then remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.

Step 4 : Serve hot fish fry with lemon and onion slices.

Note : Marinated fish can be keep in fridge for 2 days. Take out fish from fridge before 30 to 45 mins before frying fish.

Step by Step Pics:






Sunday Lunch : Red Snapper Fish Fry, Mutton Saaru, Pepper Chicken, Chilli Chicken, Ragi Mudde (Ragi Ball). 

Thanks for visiting ExperimentsOnWeekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment