Monday 3 September 2012

Benefits of Olive oil



Hello Everyone,

My weekend was pretty much good and spent time with my kids. Yesterday, I tried my regular Hair Mask : Olive oil + Egg white.
Just thought of sharing Olive oil's benefit for our skin and hair.
I am using olive oil for my hair from past couple of years. Before, I haven’t taken care of my hair till I faced a major hair fall. Let me tell about my hair type, it’s straight and oily. After started using olive oil, my hair fall has been reduced (but still there).


Now let’s have some GK about Olive oil. It is oil obtained from the olive, a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin. It is commonly used in cooking, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. There are three types of olive oil; Pure, virgin and extra virgin. Later two are used for cooking and Pure olive oil is used for external purpose.

Benefits of olive oil :-

  1. It can be used as a hair oil. Especially super beneficial for fuzzy hair.
  1. It helps in curing dandruff and split ends.
  1. It can be used as a cleanser for removing face make up and even eye makeup. It has helped me a lot in removing eye makeup.
  1. It can be used as a moisturizer for dry skin. It helps in getting soft and smooth skin if you apply over night. (Mine is normal to oily skin)
  1. It can be used to remove stretch marks. ( heard from others, not experimented)

To remove eye makeup: Pour few drops of olive oil into cotton and just swipe on your eyes. Leave for few mins and wash your face. Now it’s my HG cleanser for my eyes.
Please let me know if you have got any other benefits from olive oil.

Coming Soon: Olive Oil + Egg mask 

No comments:

Post a Comment