Monday 8 October 2012

Gowri Ganesha Festival: Update


Every year, I celebrate Gowri Ganesha Festival at my Grandparents place (Mom’s parents). After my marriage, I didn't get a chance to visit my grandparent’s home on festival. On Ganesha festival, my in-laws do a pooja for our ancestors. Since i was at my mom's place, I got a chance to visit on festival itself. 






On Gowri Festival, We visit Gowri gudi(temple) and do the Gowri pooja and give the Thamboola to the other ladies in the temple.






I have made a practice after my marriage to give bangles to my grandma, mom and mom-in-law and to aunts.  





We bring Ganesha idol from market 2-3 days before the festival and do the pooja on the Festival. On Ganesha festival, my grandpa distributes a gift/money to all of us (I have 5 younger brothers and I am the only grand daughter). In the evening, we will submerge the ganesha(visarjan ) at kauvery river. I had all masti with my aunts and brothers. 



Hope you all enjoyed going through the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment